December 7, 2021 4 Min Read
Why Parenting Yourself Is the First Step In Good Parenting
TaskHuman Coach Rekha Vaghela helps people become more balanced, present, and supportive parents by guiding them through her basic principles of better parenting. She outlined her beliefs and strategies in a recent episode of the podcast TaskHuman Talks.
Coach Rekha’s most important philosophy is that good parenting begins with strong self-management. As parents, we need to create our own positive environment, so our children can build from our energy.
“When children see us happy, they also naturally become happy, and in turn, we lead towards a happy family,” she says.
While Rekha’s teaching starts with self-management and understanding that we can strengthen our connections with our children by also strengthening our connection with ourselves, her human-values based approach also gives practical ideas parents can implement right away.
Her teaching includes:
- Demonstrating core values through actions
- Watching your W.A.T.C.H. (words, actions, thoughts, character, and heart)
- Focusing on emotional intelligence
- Practicing delaying gratification
- Understanding control vs. discipline (invitation approach vs. direction approach)
- Implementing patient and active listening
- Using the 3C and 3H models
“As parents, we are the architects of our children’s futures,” Rekha explains.
Building your relationship with your children and helping them develop strong character traits takes time, effort, and support, and Coach Rekha Vaghela is ready to give you the encouragement and support you need to be the best parent possible.
To hear all of her wisdom and insights, listen to the entire podcast here.