Updated: October 19, 2022
Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants
This notice (“Applicant Privacy Notice”) describes the categories of personal information that TaskHuman, Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “us” and “our”) collects about California residents who apply or are recruited for a job with us (“candidates”), and the purposes for which we use that information.
For purposes of this Applicant Privacy Notice, “personal information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) but excludes information exempted from the CCPA’s scope.
This Applicant Privacy Notice does not create or form part of any offer or contract for employment or otherwise.
Information We Collect About Candidates
The categories of personal information we may collect and process during the application and recruitment process include:
- Contact information, such as home address, telephone number, email address, and social media handles;
- Information from job application materials or recruiters, such as your job application, resume or CV, cover letter, writing samples, references, work history, education transcripts, work samples, whether you are subject to prior employer obligations, and information that recruiters, referrers, or references provide about you;
- Professional qualifications, such as licenses, permits, memberships, and certifications;
- Information from the application process, such as any phone-screens, interviews, evaluations, and outcomes of recruiting exercises;
- Immigration or work authorization status and other information that would allow us to verify your employment eligibility;
- Biographical information, such as name, gender/sex, date of birth, professional history, language proficiencies, professional qualifications, references, education details, and information you make publicly available through job search or career networking sites or other social media sites;
- Job preferences, such as desired position and compensation, location preferences, and willingness to relocate;
- Employment history;
- Background check information, such as information necessary to complete background, credit, drug/alcohol, and/or other checks when permitted by law, and information received during these checks;
- Information needed to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions;
- Medical information if you meet with us in-person, such as your body temperature, health symptoms, vaccination status, and other screening information in connection with the Company’s health and safety plans and protocols, including screening required to access Company offices/facilities and other measures designed to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases; and
- Other information you provide to us.
Providing personal information to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer, or relocation.
In certain cases we may ask you for additional information for purposes of complying with applicable laws. We may also inquire about criminal records. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law.
How We Collect Applicant Personal Information
We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job and throughout the job application or recruitment process. We may also collect your personal information from other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide us. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- Job board and Company websites you may use to apply for a job with us;
- Prior employers that provide us with employment references;
- Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
- Pre-employment screening services, such as background check, credit check, or other screening services (where permitted by law);
- Employment agencies and recruiters;
- Your educational institutions;
- Your public networking pages, social media profiles, or other publicly-available sources;
- Other Company personnel.
How We Use Applicant Personal Information
We may use the categories of personal information above for the following purposes:
- Recruitment management. Managing recruitment generally, such as:
- operating our careers website or any other site to which this Applicant Privacy Notice is posted;
- recruiting, interviewing, and evaluating job candidates;
- conducting background checks and other pre-employment screening (where permitted by law);
- analyzing and improving our application and recruitment processes;
- accommodating disabilities or health conditions;
- communicating with you regarding your candidacy and opportunities with the Company; and
- other business operations.
- Compliance, safety, and fraud prevention, such as:
- complying with or monitoring compliance with legal and other requirements, such as reporting and equal opportunities monitoring requirements, where applicable;
- complying with internal policies and procedures;
- complying with lawful requests and legal process, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protecting our, your or others’ rights, safety and property, including by complying with applicable public health guidelines and requirements, including, without limitation, guidance from the Centers for Disease Control or other public health authorities relating to the prevention and control of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases;
- investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, or conduct in violation of our policies or procedures;
- controlling access to and monitoring our physical premises (e.g., by requiring health screenings to access offices/facilities); and
- sharing information with government authorities, law enforcement, courts or private parties where we have a good-faith belief it is necessary for the foregoing purposes.
- Analytics. Creating anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data that we use and share to analyze our application and recruitment activities, business and for other lawful business purposes.
How We May Share Applicant Personal Information
We may share your personal information with other parties as necessary for the purposes described above. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Affiliates. Our corporate parent, subsidiaries, and other affiliates under the control of our corporate parent, for purposes consistent with this Applicant Privacy Notice or to operate shared infrastructure, systems, and technology.
- Company service providers. Companies that provide us with services that help us manage the recruiting process and operate our business, such as job boards, recruiters, interviewing and testing, pre-employment screening, interview travel booking and expense reimbursement (where applicable), relocation (where applicable), and recruitment analytics.
- Government authorities, law enforcement and others. Government authorities, law enforcement, courts, and others as described in the compliance, safety and fraud prevention section above.
- Business transfers. Parties to transactions and potential transactions whereby we sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Professional advisors. Lawyers, immigration advisors, and other outside professional advisors.
- Customers and business partners. Customers, other companies and individuals with whom the Company does business or is exploring a business relationship.
Among other obligations, including, without limitation, the obligation to provide complete and accurate information in recruiting documents and processes, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
You should keep your personal information on file with the Company up to date and inform us of any significant changes to it.
Other Sites and Services. This Applicant Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the practices of any third parties, which have their own rules for how they collect and use your personal information. Our links to third party websites or services are not endorsements.
Modifications to this Applicant Privacy Notice. We may make changes to this Applicant Privacy Notice from time to time. These changes will be posted on our website. The “Last Updated” Date at the top of this Applicant Privacy Notice indicates when it was last revised and posted on our website. Any changes will become effective on the Last Updated date, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
How to Contact Us. If you have questions about this notice, please contact the Legal team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at 3790 El Camino Real, Suite 850, Palo Alto, California, 94306, Attn: Legal Team.