Join Us For Our New Webinar, Proofing Your Workforce: Upskilling and Reskilling Strategies Sign up!

March 8, 2024 3 Min Read

Golden Years Ahead: Practical Steps to Plan For Your Life After Retirement

  • Featured Image
golden years

Did you know? By 2030, 20% of the population (the entire baby boomer generation) is considering retirement, but only some have a roadmap. 

Let’s get started on yours. This is your comprehensive guide to setting up a stress-free and fulfilling retirement. Buckle up; this journey will be exciting and, most importantly, incredibly rewarding.

 

Prioritizing Your Health: A Wealthier You

What’s the most essential component of a fulfilling retirement? 

Good health!

The truth is, real wealth is real health, and without it, you won’t be able to truly enjoy everything life has to offer.

So, let’s focus on easy ways to improve your health:

  • Daily Exercise: Keep moving and stay active. Be it Pilates or the good old morning walk. Daily exercise will help you thrive during retirement.
  • Balanced Diet: Eat your way to a healthier you. Consume lots of fruits and veggies, and strive for an 80/20 balance. Eat well 80% of the time and enjoy the remaining 20%.
  • Mental Health: Stay happy, stay sane, and don’t forget to breathe. Embrace the wonders of mindfulness.

 

Laying the Foundation: Financial Well-Being

Retirement planning can feel overwhelming! Coach Libby Morsheimer suggests three things to keep on track to reach your retirement goals! 

  • It’s never too early or too late to build a retirement portfolio. You cannot outlive your money. You may need to delay gratification now to be on solid financial footing for the future. Your retirement years could span decades, and your future self will thank you for some solid planning. 
  • Don’t set it and forget it. Be sure to look at your statements. If you don’t understand something, speak up and ask or do some research. Remember, it’s your money! 
  • Consider your retirement goals. The more detailed the goals, the better! This includes thinking about your retirement timeline and your values surrounding the use of money.

 

Activating Social Support: The Joy of Connection

A solid social circle is important at any phase of life, especially during the golden years. Happiness is best when shared with others.

Ideas to keep that connection alive:

  • Volunteering: This is a great way to give back to your community and make friends with similar interests.
  • Community Groups: See if your city or town has any community groups that might interest you.
  • Clubs and Classes: Find a club that interests you or enroll in a class to learn something new. 

Maintaining social relationships in retirement is not a luxury. So, focus on those friendships because they’re truly priceless!

 

Purposeful Living and Hobbies: A Dose of Fun and Fulfillment

Since you’re no longer working, it’s time to do everything you’ve always wanted to do.

However, speak to most retirees, and you’ll hear the same thing: they’re so busy they don’t know how they even found the time to work before retirement.

The best way to ensure you’re using your time wisely is to write a list of what you want to do or accomplish during retirement.

Then, you’ll be more likely to get them done.

Studies show that those who engage in hobbies see an 8% rise in their overall well-being, plus a 10% reduction in stress and anxiety.

That could be you, the happier, more content version of you. So go ahead, seize the day!

 

Conclusion: Your Golden Blueprint Awaits

Congratulations, soon-to-be retiree!

By reading this guide, you have taken your first step towards a brighter, happier retirement. 

Get your ducks in a row, and start planning today with the practical steps we’ve shared.

If you’re looking for a bit of support in your retirement planning, contact a TaskHuman Coach. We’re happy to help!

You got this! With an empowered heart and an optimistic mind, set sail on your golden adventure, knowing that the best years are ahead.

Book Coach Libby →

 

TaskHuman Icon

You're almost there!

Welcome!

Enter your phone number and we'll text you a special download link.

Subject to TaskHuman's Terms and Conditions

Access TaskHuman!

Go to app.taskhuman.com or download the TaskHuman app from the App Store or Google Play Store

Apple Store Google Play Store

Don't have the app? Download it now

Google Play Store QR Code