July 10, 2023 3 Min Read
Welcome to Confluent’s Leadership Principles Coaching Program
Everyone has some aspect of leadership in their job, even if it is just getting a few coworkers to do the right thing. However, the leadership element of a job generally increases quite substantially for managers and many senior ICs who have a significant role in owning key metrics, managing teams, and leading key efforts for the company. These Leadership Principles are meant to capture a few key principles for how we expect leaders at Confluent to operate.
Each of eight new Leadership Principles are explained for you to read and reflect. The reflection is both to deeply understand what expectations underlie them and to self-assess your confidence and competence to bring them to life in your day-to-day activities and decisions.
There are 3 key objectives for you to consider:
- Your adoption of the leadership principles probably has areas for growth. If you have a growth mindset you will want to access the support and guidance of a coach.
- Your leadership style in activating the leadership principles impacts your peers and your teams. Decide what kind of impact you want to make in the organization.
- There is a business/organizational benefit to having a common set of expectations on how leaders operate, in the form of better alignment, higher engagement and maintenance of the culture.
You are about to embark upon a unique experience that offers the personalized support you need to succeed. Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Set Your Program Goal
Research has shown that the best way to achieve a goal is to write it down, share it, and report your progress regularly. Scroll down to view more details on setting your program goal.
Step 2: Book A Goal Setting Call
Discuss your goal with a TaskHuman coach via a 1:1 goal-setting session. Your coach will help you explore your challenges, leverage your strengths and keep you accountable and motivated throughout your program. We have identified coaches uniquely qualified to work with you, based on their experience in the field.
Step 3: Join The Conversations
The heart of our program is 1:1 coaching sessions with skill-specific coaches on the TaskHuman platform. They can discuss your individual needs, and provide support and accountability.
The opportunity is that each participant gets an insight – from the coach, or from self-reflection, and that they commit to act on it. This could take the form of a start/stop action, and a follow up 1:1 conversation with a TaskHuman coach. It’s up to you, so reflect on individual, team and organization growth opportunities during the session.
Set Your Program Goal
First, define your goal. Take a minute to think about this question: What’s the one thing you’d like to accomplish on your journey? Whatever your reason for participating in this program, now’s the time to get clear about what you want to get out of it. Here are some suggested goals:
My Goal Is To
- Grow the skills needed to fully embrace the leadership principles.
- Be more productive as a leader by leveraging the leadership principles
- Grow my ability to lead my co-workers, team and peers more effectively
- Expand my ability to create impact within the culture of Confluent.
Get The Help You Deserve
Ready to clarify and personalize your goal? You have access to featured coaches on the TaskHuman platform that can relate to your role and your industry. Take a minute to book your goal-setting session today.