Updated: October 19, 2022
This notice (“Employee Privacy Notice”) describes the categories of personal information that TaskHuman, Inc. (the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects about our employees who are California residents, and the purposes for which we use that information.
For purposes of this Employee Privacy Notice, “personal information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) but excludes information exempted from the CCPA’s scope.
This Employee Privacy Notice does not create or form part of any contract for employment or otherwise.
Information We Collect About Employees
The categories of personal information we may collect and process before, during, and after your employment include:
- Contact information, such as your work and home address, telephone number, email address, and social media handles;
- Identification information, such as your social security number, government-issued identification information (e.g., driver’s license, passport), photographs, or other similar identifiers;
- Immigration or work authorization status and other information that would allow us to verify your employment eligibility;
- Biographical information, such as name, gender/sex, date of birth, professional history, language proficiencies, professional qualifications, references, education details, information in your company biography, social media profiles and activity, and your photo;
- General employment information, such as department, work location, job title, dates of employment, work status (e.g., full-time/part-time), any terms or conditions of employment, work history (current, past, or prospective), timekeeping information, personnel and disciplinary records, training and learning program participation, information necessary to complete background checks, drug and/or alcohol tests, and other screens permitted by law, and other information reasonably necessary to administer the employment relationship with you;
- Compensation, benefits, and payroll information, such as salary and bonus details, benefits information (including information regarding health insurance, retirement savings, and other employee benefits), equity award information, bank account information and working time records (e.g., vacation and absence records, sick leave, leave status, and hours worked);
- Performance information, such as management metrics, performance evaluations and feedback, and promotion history;
- Information about related persons, such as your spouse, domestic/civil partner, dependents, beneficiaries, and emergency contacts;
- Credentials, access, and system information, such as your Company email address, usernames, passwords, and keycard number; information about your use of, as well as content and communications you send and receive through devices, Company communications, IT systems, and applications (e.g., time of use, files accessed, search history, web pages viewed, IP address, device ID, device location), and information about your access to offices and facilities (e.g., keycard scans and security camera footage);
- Expenses and travel information, such as information about your business travel and other business expenses;
- Health care and medical information, such as information related to employee participation in wellness programs, executive physicals, and health insurance programs and your body temperature, vaccination status, health symptoms, and other screening information in connection with the Company’s health and safety plans and protocols, including screening required to access Company offices/facilities or participate in Company-sponsored travel/events/offsites and other measures designed to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases;
- Biometric information, such as your fingerprint, retinal, or facial scans when you use our biometric timekeeping or security systems;
- Information needed to evaluate accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions; and
- Other information you provide to us, such as your feedback and survey responses where you choose to identify yourself.
In certain cases we may ask you for additional information for purposes of monitoring equal opportunity and/or complying with applicable laws. We may also inquire about criminal records. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law.
How We Collect Employee Personal Information
We collect personal information from you during your candidacy for a job and during and after your employment.
We may also collect your personal information from various other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide to us. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- Job board and Company websites you may use to apply for a job with us;
- Our third-party professional employer organization, TriNet;
- Providers of services that we make available to our employees as part of our benefits and training programs;
- Prior employers, when they provide us with employment references;
- Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
- Providers of background check, credit check, or other screening services (where permitted by law);
- Employment agencies or recruiters;
- Your education institutions;
- Your public networking pages, social media profiles, or other publicly-available sources;
- Your related persons who chose to communicate with us directly;
- Company communications and IT systems/applications, including third-party systems/applications, that automatically collect information about, and transmitted by, users;
- Other Company personnel.
How We Use Employee Personal Information
We may use the categories of personal information above for the following purposes:
- Workforce management. Managing work activities and personnel generally, such as:
- recruiting, interviewing, and evaluating job candidates and employees;
- administration of payroll, wages, and other compensation;
- granting and administering equity awards, bonuses, commissions, and other incentive awards;
- administering and evaluating employee benefits, including healthcare, pensions, retirement and savings plans, and loans;
- maintaining contact details of your designated dependents and beneficiaries and communicating with them as necessary in the administration of your employee benefits and awards;
- maintaining contact details of your designated emergency contacts and communicating with them as necessary in emergencies;
- administering and evaluating vacation, paid time off, sick leave, and other leaves of absence;
- performance and compensation evaluation and promotions;
- providing training and career development opportunities;
- administering employee transfers, reassignments, and secondments;
- conducting employee surveys and soliciting employee feedback;
- performing background, reference, or credit checks;
- managing disciplinary matters, grievances, and terminations;
- administering business expense tracking, reimbursements, and travel;
- assisting with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit;
- improving our application and/or recruitment process, including improving diversity;
- accommodating disabilities or health conditions;
- providing information technology resources and support;
- maintaining internal employee directories;
- communicating with you;
- otherwise administering our employment relationship with you; and
- analyzing our workforce and information relating to any of the activities above.
- Business operations. Operating and managing our business, including managing communications and IT systems; research, development and operation of our products and/or services; managing and allocating Company assets and personnel; strategic planning and project management; business continuity; maintenance of business and audit records; budgeting, financial management and reporting; internal communications; promoting our business; physical and information security; health and safety, including the personal safety and security of employees, contractors, vendors and other visitors; and evaluating and undergoing mergers, acquisitions, sales, re-organizations, or disposals and integration with purchasers.
- Compliance, safety, and fraud prevention. Complying with legal and other requirements, such as tax, audit, recordkeeping, reporting, verifying identity and eligibility to work, and equal opportunities monitoring requirements; complying with lawful requests and legal process, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; protecting our, your or others’ rights, safety and property, including by complying with applicable public health guidelines and requirements, including, without limitation, guidance from the Centers for Disease Control or other public health authorities relating to the prevention and control of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases; investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, or conduct in violation of our policies or procedures; pursuing legal rights and remedies, including investigating, making and defending complaints or legal claims; administering and enforcing internal policies and procedures; and sharing information with government authorities, law enforcement, courts, or private parties for the foregoing purposes.
- Monitoring. Monitoring offices and facilities, IT and communications systems, devices, equipment, and applications through manual review and automated tools such as security software, website and spam filtering software, mobile device management software, and controlling access to and monitoring our physical premises (e.g., by requiring health screenings to access offices/facilities or attend Company-sponsored events and using security cameras and keycard scans) to protect our, your, or others’ rights, safety, and property; operate, maintain, and protect the security of our network systems and devices; protect our proprietary and confidential information and intellectual property; for recordkeeping and archiving; for personnel training and/or performance management; for the compliance, safety, and fraud prevention purposes described above; to investigate and respond to security and other incidents; and for business continuity (such as monitoring business-related emails following an employee’s departure).
- Analytics. Creating anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data that we use and share to analyze our workforce and business and for other lawful business purposes.
How We May Share Employee Personal Information
We may share your personal information with other parties as necessary for the purposes described above. By way of example and not limitation, we may share your personal information with:
- Affiliates. Our corporate parent, subsidiaries, and other affiliates under the control of our corporate parent, for purposes consistent with this Employee Privacy Notice or to operate shared infrastructure, systems, and technology.
- Company service providers. Providers of services to the Company, such as professional employer organization/co-employment, payroll administration, benefits and wellness, human resources, occupational health, performance management, training, expense management, travel agencies, transportation and lodging, IT systems and support, information and physical security, background checks and other screenings, equity award administration, corporate banking and credit cards, health care, trade associations, insurance brokers, claims handlers and loss adjusters, and any necessary third party administrators, nominees, registrars, or trustees appointed in connection with benefits plans or programs.
- Employee service providers. Providers of services to eligible employees as part of our employee benefits program (e.g., financial advisors, securities brokers, financial institutions, and providers of health, fitness, wellness, childcare, and concierge services) who need your information to verify your eligibility and provide you with services.
- Our marketing audience. Current and prospective customers, employees, contractors, coaches, and other business contacts with whom we share your Company bio, which may be shared on our website or in other publicly available marketing materials and communications as part of our marketing and hiring activities.
- Government authorities, law enforcement, and others. Government authorities, law enforcement, courts, and others as described in the compliance, safety and fraud prevention section above.
- Business transfer participants. Parties to transactions and potential transactions whereby we sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Professional advisors. Accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers, bankers, and other outside professional advisors who require your information in the course of providing their services.
- Customers and business partners. Customers, other companies, and individuals with whom the Company does business or is exploring a business relationship.
It is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
You should keep your personal information on file with the Company up to date and inform us of any significant changes to it.
Other Sites and Services. This Employee Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the practices of any third parties, which have their own rules for how they collect and use your personal information. Our links to third party websites or services are not endorsements.
Modifications to this Employee Privacy Notice. We may make changes to this Employee Privacy Notice from time to time. These changes will be posted in our Employee Resource Center. The “Last Updated” Date at the top of this Employee Privacy Notice indicates when it was last revised and posted on our Employee Resource Center. Any changes will become effective on the Last Updated date, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
How to Contact Us. If you have questions about this notice, please contact the Legal team by email at email@example.com, or by mail at 3790 El Camino Real, Suite 850, Palo Alto, California, 94306, Attn: Legal Team.